Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Gallop poll

WOW, according to our poll, 60% of voters have the Colts winning 9 or less games, while the other 40% have the Colts at no better than 11 games. If we only win 9 games this year, that would mean we would have to win 8 of our 13 remaining games. And after looking at the schedule, it looks entirely possible that we could lose 8 of those 13. This year we play every team in the AFC North, so that includes Pittsburgh and Baltimore, both tough, and later in the season we have Cleveland and Cincinnati, both of whom could easily turn things around by the end of the season. Then throw in 3 tough division games, 2 vs Tennessee and another against Jacksonville. And then add San Diego, New England, Green Bay and 2 vs Houston and I guess we'll see how tough we really are. For the first time in years, I'm worried about whether or not we make the playoffs instead of worrying about how we're going to do when we get there. The power in the AFC is shifting, but, hey, I still have confidence in the Horse, we're not done yet. Besides, the party is at my house...
z

2 comments:

Fro said...

I'm slightly frightened by that schedule, but if we get some healthy players back we may roll.

JFriz

NAPTOWN said...

You gotta beat the best to be the best. We ain't no Patsies from the AFC East!