Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beijing Magic

Like I said in my previous post, I have Olympic fever. My fever is now running hotter than ever. Right now I'm watching badminton, a great game, but in my opinion, not an Olympic sport. More of a backyard barbecue drinking game, or fun interlude in high school gym class. But that's neither here nor there. What an exciting week so far. I'll start with Superman, Michael Phelps. This guy is unbelievable. He's seven for seven so far, with his most difficult event behind him and one relay to go. Last nights 100m butterfly was an amazing race with Phelps coming from behind to win by 1/100 of a second. He has now tied Mark Spitz's (from IU) record of 7 golds in one Olympic games. Unfortunately, I think the relay is this evening and I'll be at the Timbers game, and will most likely miss history. Thank Krishna for the Internet.

I'll finish with the Redeem Team. Our boys are playing some great basketball. They just got finished dismantling the much ballyhooed Spanish team. Kobe and Lebron are playing great ball, but the two guys that have put this team over the top so far are D Wade and Chris Bosh. Wade is freaking everywhere on both ends of the floor. O boards, steals, and if you haven't seen "the Play" go immediately to www.nbcolympics.com and watch his steal, save and then oop to Kobe. That play alone is what separates the "us" from "them". And the really scary thing, we may have found our touch from deep. We had to have shot close to 50% from behind the line against the Spaniards. We are officially through to the medal round with one more game in group play against Dirk Nowitzki and Germany. Let's hope we stay healthy in the final game, so that we can do what we came here to do: dominate each game and bring home the gold and never again let it go.

the Dude

No comments: